William Leonard Clippard, Jr. founded Clippard Instrument Laboratory in 1941, (Inc., 1946). The initial product line consisted of electrical test equipment, magnetic windings, and radio frequency coils. The first miniature fluid power devices designed and built by Clippard were for use in the manufacture of this equipment. In the early 1950's, Clippard introduced Minimatic components as a new product line. The need for miniature pneumatics was widespread, and since no such products had been previously available, the Minimatic line was successful enough to become Clippard's primary product line. Until his retirement in 1977, Leonard Clippard continued to be a pioneer in miniature pneumatics.
• We are engaged in honorable work providing the World with useful, productive, affordable products.
• We do this with the distinction of a long reputation for Quality, Service, Performance, and Value.
• We deal fairly. We keep our word.
• We understand profit is a vehicle to our purposes and not our only purpose.
• We support our community.
• We enjoy what we do. We are good at it.
• We are getting better all the time.
• We are grateful to God for our blessings.
• We respect and encourage each other.
• We show pride in our work.
We are Clippard.