MR-Guided Focused Ultrasound Symposium Announces Sponsors
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., July 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --The Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation has announced that eight leading manufacturers are among the initial sponsors of the 2nd International Symposium on MR-guided Focused Ultrasound, scheduled for October 17 through 20 near Washington, D.C.
A landmark event, the symposium will spotlight leading edge preclinical, translational and clinical research related to one of today's most promising and innovative therapeutic technologies. Targeted to scientists, clinicians and others interested in current and future applications of MR-guided focused ultrasound, the conference will offer a multifaceted exploration of this emerging field and feature plenary sessions, panel discussions, poster presentations and technical exhibits.
Sponsoring organizations are:
* EDAP TMS S.A. (Vaulx-en-Velin, France)
* Elekta, AB (Stockholm, Sweden)
* GE Healthcare (Chalfont St. Giles, UK)
* Image Guided Therapy (Pessac, France)
* Imasonic (Voray/l'Ognon, France)
* InSightec (Tirat Carmel, Israel)
* Philips Healthcare (Guildford, Surrey, UK)
* Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA, USA)
"We are thankful for the gener