SiTime expands product portfolio with industry?s first kHz frequency silicon MEMS oscillator
SiTime Corporation, the leader in MEMS-based silicon timing solutions, today introduced the SiT8503, the industry’s first kHz frequency silicon MEMS oscillator for audio, microcontroller and high reliability industrial applications. SiTime already has the industry’s broadest portfolio of Silicon MEMS-based, megahertz (MHz) frequency, differential oscillators, clock generators, VCXOs, spread spectrum timing products and embedded resonators. The SiT8503 adds kilohertz (kHz) frequency timing solutions to this portfolio and builds on SiTime’s capability as a one-stop silicon timing provider.
- Programmable support for any frequency between 200 kHz and 1000 kHz (with accuracy up to 5 decimal places), which supports a wide range of applications and allows the customer to optimize the frequency for their application.
- Configurable operating voltages of 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.8V or 3.3V. Support of such a wide range of voltages eliminates the need for expensive, external, level translators and minimizes the need for additional regulators in the system, thus reducing cost.
- Extreme ruggedness that is just not available from quartz. The device exhibits shock resistance of up to 50,000 G and vibration resistance of up to 70 G
- Configurable frequency stability of ±20PPM, ±25PPM, ±30PPM or ±50PPM that enables the customer to optimize the product for the best timing margin in their system
- 100% drop-in replacement of quartz solutions in all four industry-standard surface-mount packages (7.0x5.0 mm, 5.0x3.2 mm, 3.2x2.5 mm and 2.5x2.0 mm)
- Current consumption of less than 10µA in standby mode to ensure the longest battery life
SiTime Corporation, the industry leader in MEMS-based analog semiconductor solutions, addresses the $5 Billion timing market with programmable silicon products that replace conventional, quartz technology. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., SiTime is backed by leading venture capital firms NEA, Greylock, Jafco and Bosch.