ICAP Ocean Tomo Announces Advanced Techniques for Measuring Blood Pressure From Coherence L.L.C.
CHICAGO, Feb. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The method represented in the Coherence L.L.C. patent integrates the measurement of a respiratory arterial pressure wave (a blood wave that rises and falls with exhalation and inhalation) into conventional blood pressure readings to provide healthcare professionals and users with diagnostic information regarding breathing effectiveness and its effect on systemic blood pressure.
This patent will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
The patent discloses the following:
- This invention provides the means for a healthcare professional to assess the presence and magnitude of the respiratory arterial pressure wave and advise patients of remedial action, specifically, learning to change dysfunctional breathing habits – the affect being increased circulatory effectiveness and decreased systemic blood pressure.
- There are two novel features of the invention:
- It assesses the magnitude of the respiratory arterial pressure wave itself, and
- It measures systolic and diastolic pressures at the peaks and valleys of the respiratory arterial pressure wave yielding increased accuracy of oscillometric measurement
- The assessment and characterization of the respiratory arterial pressure wave is then employed by the user or healthcare professional to change breathing habits with the goal of realizing reduced blood pressure and improved health.
- A breathing pattern generator that teaches the correct breathing frequency and rhythm is also specified.