GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., April 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: AMPE) ("Ampio") announced today that Mark D. McGregor will be appointed to the position of Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary effective April 4, 2011. Mr. Bruce G. Miller, who served in these capacities since April 2010, will be joining the team that will advance the commercialization of Zertane, Ampio's product candidate that was the subject of a 2009 and 2010 Phase 3 multicenter clinical trial in Europe and was obtained through our acquisition of DMI BioSciences, Inc. Mr. Miller was with DMI BioSciences since 1992, having served as Chief Executive Officer and/or President throughout this period.
Mr. McGregor, a Certified Public Accountant, is a highly experienced financial executive with in-depth experience in treasury and risk management, including developing financial strategic plans, cash management and investments, managing foreign currency and interest rate exposures, credit provider and credit rating agency relations, and insurance risk management. His prior experience also encompasses:
- corporate and international consolidation and reporting,
- SEC and management reporting,
- financial integration,
- disbursements operations,
- evaluating potential acquisitions,
- conducting financial due diligence,
- negotiating credit line provisions to promote operating flexibility,
- optimizing capital structures, and
- implementing stock buy-back programs to enhance stockholder value.
Mr. McGregor's career spans over 30 years of financial experience in a variety of industries. For 20 years he was with Storage Technology Corporation, a public international information and storage technology company with $2 billion in annual worldwide revenues, where he served