PARSIPPANY, N.J., Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- To help frustrated nighttime nasal congestion sufferers understand the factors greatly contributing to their chronic nasal congestion and trouble with sleep, the makers of Breathe Right Nasal Strips partnered with Sperling's BestPlaces to identify the 20 Most Congested Cities in the U.S.(1) According to the national study, the top 20 metropolitan areas where residents are most challenged by congestion are: 1. Oklahoma City, Okla.
11. St. Louis, Mo.2. Birmingham, Ala.
12. Indianapolis, Ind.3. New Orleans, La.
13. Richmond, Va.4. Louisville, Ky.
14. Austin, Texas5. Memphis, Tenn.
15. Pittsburgh, Pa.6. San Antonio, Texas
16. Detroit, Mich.7. Dallas, Texas
17. Columbia, S.C.8. Charlotte, N.C.
18. Nashville, Tenn.9. Houston, Texas
19. Tampa, Fla.10. Philadelphia, Pa.
20. Cincinnati, OhioTwenty percent of the U.S. population suffers from chronic nighttime nasal congestion.(2) They've come to the conclusion that "this is just how I am," and suffer through the night and into the next day as a result.
"For many people who are congested, the right to breathe naturally and freely is taken away, and a good night's sleep suffers as a result," said Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine. "Chronic nighttime nasal congestion and its impact on sleep is severely misunderstood. Breathe Right Nasal Strips relieve nighttime nasal congestion by opening your nose to help you breathe better so you can sleep better. They also work the instant you put them on, for as long as you keep them on for those seeking a drug-free solution."
Breathe Right Nasal Strips are clinically proven to lift nasal passages and open your nose, relieving nasal congestion and improving air flow. The strips consist of flexible, "spring-like" bands placed across the nose. They gently lift the sides of the nose and open the