Carl Zeiss Advances Surgical Visualization with New 3D HD Video System for the OPMI PENTERO Microscope
CHICAGO & JENA, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 11, 2012--TRENION® 3D HD, a flexible and modular extension to the global best-selling OPMI® Pentero® and OPMI® PENTERO® 900 surgical microscopes of Carl Zeiss, allows for high-definition, three-dimensional co-observation inside and outside the operating room. The solution supports live image transmission and usage of recorded videos for various education and training scenarios, offering residents, OR teams and conference attendees the possibility of visualizing the surgical procedure from the surgeon’s vantage point. TRENION 3D HD was recently introduced at the Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois October 6-10, 2012.
With TRENION 3D HD, the medical technology provider Carl Zeiss Meditec AG brings the stereoscopic 3D experience to groups inside and outside the operating room. Leveraging the open platform approach of the gold standard OPMI PENTERO visualization system, TRENION 3D HD enables surgeons to effectively share brilliant, apochromatically corrected three dimensional images only previously seen through the eyepieces of a surgical microscope. The 3D visualization of the surgical field enables a more comprehensive and detailed understanding of complex anatomy. Live streaming capability in full HD quality enhances the educational experience to audiences outside of the operating room without compromising microscope balance and movement.
With seamless integration into existing IT infrastructures, system start-up at the press of a button and simultaneous video recording on the external USB hard drive and integrated recorder, surgeons can focus on the clinical procedure. The TRENION 3D HD system is sufficiently flexible to be transported from room to room and from system to system.
“Whether in real-time or pre-recorded conditions, surgeons are now able to fully engage neurosurgical staff in the surgical experience and to intuitively share insights and knowledge of procedures and complex anatomy”, says Dr. Ludwin Monz, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG. “Based on the gold standard OPMI PENTERO 900 visualization system, TRENION 3D HD provides an immersive 3D high-definition surgical experience advancing neurosurgical education and training.” The product is currently available for sale in the US and soon to be released in Europe, Canada and other markets.
Brief profile Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE0005313704), which is listed on TecDax of the German stock exchange, is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies. The company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions designed to help doctors improve the quality of life of their patients. It provides complete packages of solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, including implants and consumables. The company creates innovative visualization solutions in the field of microsurgery. Carl Zeiss Meditec's medical technology portfolio is rounded off by promising, future-oriented technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. In fiscal year 2010/11 (ended 30 September) the company's around 2,400 employees generated revenue of EUR 759 million.
The head office of Carl Zeiss Meditec is in Jena, Germany. The company has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. The Center for Research and Development (CARIn) in Bangalore, India and the Carl Zeiss Innovations Center for Research and Development in Shanghai, China, strengthen the presence in these rapidly developing economies. 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are in free float. The remaining 65 percent are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world’s leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industries. Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.
For more information, please go to: www.meditec.zeiss.comCONTACT: Carl Zeiss Meditec AG Jann Gerrit Ohlendorf, +49 (0)3641220-331 Director Corporate Communications email@example.com Henriette Meyer, +49 (0)3641220-106 Director Investor Relations firstname.lastname@example.org www.meditec.zeiss.com/press KEYWORD: UNITED STATES EUROPE NORTH AMERICA ILLINOIS GERMANY INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SURGERY TECHNOLOGY AUDIO/VIDEO OTHER TECHNOLOGY HEALTH BIOTECHNOLOGY HOSPITALS MEDICAL DEVICES MEDICAL SUPPLIES SOURCE: Carl Zeiss Meditec AG Copyright Business Wire 2012 PUB: 10/11/2012 12:47 AM/DISC: 10/11/2012 12:47 AM http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20121010006660/