Research and Markets: Analysis of the U.S. Obesity Surgery Devices Market: Large Opportunities in Less Invasive Devices Dictate Market Future
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 17, 2013--Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8dgl3/analysis_of_the_u ) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Analysis of the U.S. Obesity Surgery Devices Market: Large Opportunities in Less Invasive Devices Dictate Market Future" to their offering.
This research service considers products and companies in the obesity surgery devices market in the United States. The market is expected to see many technology advancements in the next decade. Therefore, a thorough understanding of revenue forecasts, unit forecasts, technological advances, and pricing analyses are provided for the market's various segments including: gastric banding, gastric stimulators, and intragastric balloons. Furthermore, market engineering measurements, drivers, and restraints are covered along with an analysis of the market's highly competitive landscape. The base year is 2011; the forecast period extends through 2016.
Points from the Executive Summary - In 2011, only gastric banding was approved in the United States. Going forward, newer technologies such as intragastric balloons and gastric stimulators are expected to be launched.
- The company generating the highest revenue in the U.S. therapeutic surfaces market in 2011 was Allergan. The other company in this space is Ethicon Endo-Surgery.
- Rising obesity and increasing published literature on the risks of obesity are the main contributors to the overall market growth. Also, comorbidities associated with obesity such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases are on the rise.
- Obesity is considered to be one of the largest contributors to costs in medicines, next to diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and so on.
- Europe and other countries in the world have far more products in the obesity surgery space compared to the United States. The FDA is wary of short-term solutions and requires long-term data on the safety and efficacy of the newer solutions.
- Since the market is more established in other parts of the world, once some of these technologies are accepted in the United States, products will be launched relatively quickly because development time will be reduced.
- Like other types of surgeries, laparoscopic surgery is becoming the mainstay in obesity surgeries. Thus, demand for less invasive methods is on the rise.
Market Overview - Definitions - Content includes products on the market, products in development, and units, price, and revenue forecasts. Market challenges, drivers, and restraints are identified and assessed.
- Units used in the study: -- Number of procedures: This indicates the number of individual obesity surgeries performed.
-- Prices Represented in U.S. dollars. The price is represented as the average selling price (ASP) based on the prices of various units listed by respective manufacturers.
-- RevenueRepresented in U.S. dollars. Revenue is a product of the number of units and ASP in a year.
- Annual revenue for public companies was derived from annual reports. Revenue for private companies was based on primary interviews.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer - Is the obesity devices market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate? - What are the primary drivers of market expansion and growth opportunities? What are the major challenges? - Which segments in the obesity space are expanding the most, and which are declining? - Will the products that are approved in Europe be accepted in the United States? - Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed? What are key opportunities for the future? - How is the competition in the market? Are some companies poised for more growth than others? For more information visithttp://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8dgl3/analysis_of_the_u Source: Frost & SullivanCONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
email@example.com U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Sector:Healthcare and Medical Devices KEYWORD: INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTING SOURCE: Research and Markets Copyright Business Wire 2013 PUB: 01/17/2013 05:58 AM/DISC: 01/17/2013 05:58 AM http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130117005539/