Teleflex comes under fire after a surgical tool is left in a patient's neck
A patient sues medical device maker Teleflex after a piece of a dilator was left in his neck following throat surgery.
A patient injured during throat surgery accused medical device maker Teleflex (NYSE:TFX) of liability in a personal injury suit after a piece of one of the company's surgical devices broke off and was left in his neck during throat surgery.
Patient Michael Kellerman says that Teleflex sold a faulty product, a #12 French Pilling bougie, or dilator, with a white tip that allegedly broke off the device's handle. The plaintiff is seeking $100,000 in damages.