World's First All Tissue Ablative Laser Scanning Handpiece for Dentistry
Lasers4Dentistry, a division of Technology4Medicine, will launch the revolutionary X-Runner™ digital laser scanning handpiece at the upcoming meeting of the American Dental Association being held in New Orleans, LA from 31 October through 2 November, 2013, Booth #618. The X-Runner™ was designed specifically for the award-winning LightWalker AT Dual Wavelength dental laser. X-Runner™ is the first ablative ALL Tissue laser scanning handpiece in the dental industry. The X-Runner™ has automated all tissue ablation capabilities and lets the user instantly adjust spot size and shape of the cutting area.
X-Runner™ is the perfect tool to use whenever precise, deep or wide cuts need to be made in hard or soft dental tissues. The shape and size of an ablation area can be selected in advance to optimize the cutting process, enabling dentists to work more precisely, faster, with enhanced patient comfort and with greater ease than ever before. The new X-Runner™ is ideal for a wide range of treatments, from standard cavity and veneer preps to high-precision surgical and implantology procedures.
All parameters and settings that are available with the Lightwalker AT's standard laser handpieces (energy, frequency, mode, spray) can also be used with X-Runner™. Dentists can instantly switch between the new automated modality and the classic handpiece modality without the need to swap handpieces. X-Runner™ offers a variety of treatment shapes (circular, rectangular/linear and hexagonal, etc) that can be set according to a number of parameters, such as the size of the ablation area (width & length, or diameter in the case of the circle and hexagon) as well as the number of laser passes needed to produce the desired ablation depth. X-Runner™ can also produce a precise linear cut, for instance, to cut the root apex or to perform an incision in soft-tissue surgery. You can watch the X-Runner™ in action at www.t4med.com.
The industry leading and award winning Fotona Lightwalker AT is a high performance, ultra fast, and versatile laser with both Er:YAG and Nd:YAG wavelengths and a long list of technological and clinical advancements that puts it in a Class of Its Own.
Lasers4Dentistry, with the Fotona line up, leads the U.S. market with ongoing significant breakthroughs in dental laser technology:
- The only true dual wavelength laser with both Nd:YAG & Erbium, fully integrated in the same system
- The only choice with 20 Watts of Erbium power- the highest power laser available for ultra fast cutting of both hard and soft tissue
- The only laser with 15 Watts of Nd:YAG energy for treating periodontal disease, soft tissue surgery and effective biostimulation
- Industry leading, 50µs Super Short Pulse (SSP) resulting in faster cutting and more comfort and less need for local anesthetic
- The only laser with Quantum Square Pulse (QSP) technology for ultimate performance, cutting speed, comfort and precision
- Proprietary Variable Square Pulse (VSP) increases cutting precision & speed and provides patients with a more comfortable experience
- The only laser available with an ALL Tissue Ablative Scanner, X-Runner
- OPTOflex® articulated arm delivery system, the Gold Standard for efficiency, ergonomic and reliability
- Optional High Visibility Green Aiming Beam
- Internal Air Supply, Built-in Compressor, Eliminating External Air Lines and Improves Performance and mobility
- Exclusive Options for Aesthetic Procedures including treatments for wrinkles, pigmented and vascular lesions and other advanced cosmetic indications.