New Scale Technologies, Inc.
Corporate Email Address:
We create small, precise and smart motion systems. Our M3 micro-mechatronic modules are ideal for use in medical devices, robotic surgical tools and precision analytical instrumentation. Applications include:
- Instruments. Move optics in instruments for flow cytometry, DNA identification, pathogen detection, DNA sequencing and more. M3 modules enable smaller, field-portable systems and faster, lower-cost tests.
- Endoscopic surgery. Steer a beam in an endoscopic laser scalpel, focus a lens in an in vivo camera or manipulate a tool. Small enough to fit inside the endoscope head, our mechatronics systems improve accuracy and eliminate the need for a cable control system.
- Electrophysiology. Motorized microdrive arrays enable precision electrode positioning.
- Medical imaging. Modules for lens control and laser tuning in diagnostic imaging systems including optical coherence tomography. Their small size and precision enable point of care diagnostics, real-time automated data collection and augmented vision systems.
- Implantable devices. Adjust implanted devices in situ for drug delivery, orthopedics, audiology, neurology, pain management, sleep apnea treatment and more. The implanted devices can be non-magnetic and MRI-safe.
- Robotic surgical devices. Everything from robotic grippers and retractors to miniature mobile robots for minimally invasive surgery.
M3 modules incorporate our patented SQUIGGLE piezoelectric micro motors, which generate no electromagnetic fields and can be made entirely from non-ferrous materials for use in or near MRI systems without affecting image quality or motor performance.