Comprehensive Spine Symposium: Sept. 21
DETROIT, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Henry Ford Spine and Neurotrauma Center is presenting an interactive, discussion-provoking symposium on Friday, Sept. 21, that will highlight the latest multidisciplinary approaches to treating diseases of the spine.
The daylong, (7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) CME conference will take place at the MGM Grand in Detroit.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- Common presentations of adult spine diseases, including degenerative and vascular as well as tumor-related
- Current trends in the management of geriatric spine disease, as well as the philosophy of elderly spine care
- Appropriate diagnostic tools, including the role of MRI and EMG
- How to construct comprehensive treatment plans for spine diseases based on a multidisciplinary approach, including measures to enhance patient safety particularly in the elderly
- How to recognize red flags that necessitate urgent referrals and interventions
- Current treatment modalities available for spine diseases, including the latest advancement in therapeutic technology
This continuing medical education event is recommended for physicians and health care professionals specializing in: neurosurgery, neurology, geriatrics, orthopaedics, primary care, sports medicine, neuroradiology, chiropractors, physiatry/physical medicine and occupational and physical therapy.
Visit henryford.com/spinesymposium to register online.