Maddak Inc. Opens Possibilities For Disability Community With Launch Of Morph Wheels, First-Ever Foldable Wheelchair Wheels
LOS ANGELES, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Maddak Inc. , the largest manufacturer of Aids for Daily Living (ADL) products in the United States, today announced the launch of Morph Wheels , the first-ever foldable wheelchair wheels during the Abilities Expo in LA . Originally conceptualized as a folding bicycle wheel by Duncan Fitzsimmons , a graduate student at the Royal College of Arts in London at the time, the Morph Wheel is designed to revolutionize the daily lives of the wheelchair users.
Levering their industry expertise, Maddak's product development team conducted a host of focus groups and thorough consultations with the disability community for 3 years to bring to market Morph Wheels. The wheels are designed to fit all manual wheelchairs that accommodate a wheel with a quick release axle.
"At Maddak we are dedicated to developing innovative products to help the daily lives of the disability community, and we could not be more proud to announce the launch of Morph Wheels. After years of product testing and extensive conversation with the community, we were able to develop a product designed for active, on-the-go wheelchair users. I truly believe that once someone has a set of Morph Wheels they will be amazed at how they simplify travel and enhance storage options." said Kathleen Hanek , Director of Operations and Product Management at Maddak Inc.
Currently, nearly 1 in 5 people have a disability in the U.S ., which equates to 56.7 million people or 19% of the population. Of that 19%, an estimated 4.2 Million are manual wheelchair users.
- Make Travel Exponentially Easier:
- Morph Wheels fold to almost half their size, therefore fit better in all types of cars, including taxis. Rental car choices no longer need to be limited either.
- Morph Wheels allow you to conveniently carry-on your wheel when flying. They will fit into an overhead compartment, airplane closet or under a seat.
- Multiple wheelchair users or travelers in general are able to travel together as less space is required for Morph Wheels, leaving more room for things like strollers, car seats, luggage, etc.
- Are Simple to Use:
- The folding and unfolding process is relatively simple and can be completed in only seconds.
- When in the folded position, the tire of the Morph Wheel can be changed without the use of a special tool
- Will Get a Workout: Though Morph Wheels will most likely be a secondary set of wheels, they will be essential for day-to-day activities and long-distance travel, so users will be surprised at how often they need them.
Morph Wheels are currently available and retail for $950 per set, which includes the rim, hand rim and solid tire. They can be purchased at http://morphwheels.com/ .
Maddak Inc. manufactures products that simplify the tasks of daily living - eating, drinking, dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, etc. - for seniors, people with disabilities and people undergoing rehabilitation. The company mission is to provide quality products that enable people to maximize their independence and remain active despite any limitations they may face. Marketed under the Ableware® brand name, the Maddak product line includes over 500 products sold through medical and hospital supply centers, pharmacies, homecare centers and internet outlets. Established in 1971, Maddak Inc., headquartered in Wayne, NJ is the largest U.S. manufacturer of assistive devices, clinical modalities and home healthcare and rehabilitation products.