Bluetooth Low Energy Solution Offers Device Connectivity
"By operating on a fraction of the power used by traditional wireless connectivity technologies, engineers can now develop smaller devices with batteries that last for years,” said Volker Prueller, marketing manager for TI’s Low-Power RF products. “The CC2540 and CC257x, combined with our existing low-power RF, WiLink, BlueLink and MSP430 MCU portfolios, solidify TI’s position as the industry leader in complete, highly integrated short-range wireless connectivity solutions that bridge the gap between the mobile and sensor worlds.”
CC2540 Bluetooth low energy system-on-chip features and benefits:
- One chip device: integrated controller, host and application in 6 x 6 mm package reduces physical size and cost.
- Flash-based: device firmware can be updated in the field and data can be stored on-chip, increasing flexibility for developers.
- Complete solution from TI: low-power RF IC, fully embedded single-mode protocol stack, profile software and applications support.
- RF performance: excellent link budget for long range (up to +97 dB) and coexistence with other 2.4-GHz devices.
- Interoperability/compatibility: Bluetooth specification version 4.0 compliant with single-mode (CC2540) and dual-mode devices (BlueLink 7.0 Bluetooth/FM single chip solution, WiLink 7.0 WLAN/GPS/Bluetooth/FM single chip solution, and WiLink 6.0 WLAN/Bluetooth/FM single chip solution), allowing full link testing and development.
CC257x ANT network processor features and benefits:
- Turnkey sensor solution: 2.4-GHz CC257x network processor, MSP430 host microcontroller, software and application support.
- Optimized hardware and software: integration of ANT-FS function and AES encryption support reduces components and bill-of-materials (BOM) cost.
- RF performance: highest link budget (+95 dB) compared to competitive devices and excellent selectivity for coexistence with other 2.4-GHz devices.
- Interoperability/compatibility: TI supports ANT with sensor (CC257x) and mobile devices (WiLink 7.0 and WiLink 6.0 solutions) for a full system solution.