Micro Rotary Union Injects Air into any Rotating Shaft
The Montalvo Corporation, international specialists in industrial web control systems, has developed a unique Micro Rotary Union (MRU), a tiny mechanical rotating device that permits the transfer of air to and from rotating equipment.
The Montalvo MRU, one of the smallest rotary unions available, is made of rugged stainless steel with a carbon seal and aluminum body. The MRU was designed for machinery that requires a constant flow of air during rotation. It can operate at speeds of up to 7,000 RPM with a maximum air pressure of 75 psi.
President Ed Montalvo says, “Our MRU uses micro precision instrument bearings and a carbon seal and is ideal for applications with limited space.”
The MRU kit includes the Micro Rotary Union, a length of tubing, and a quick disconnect fitting.
Benefits to customers include:
- Seal made of a carbon material designed to be effective and have a long life.
- Ball-type bearings, requiring no maintenance.
- Shaft of rugged, corrosion- and wear-resistant stainless steel.
- Single piece aluminum body that protects internal parts.
- Small size, especially useful in confined applications.
- Low friction resistance, ideal for start-ups with delicate web materials.
- Designed for applications running up to 7000 RPM and 75 psi.
Montalvo specialists can assist with system application evaluation as well as advice regarding installation and setup.
800-226-8710; www.montalvo.com