Wasp’s WWS450H 2D barcode scanner is designed specifically for healthcare environments, allowing medical staff to treat patients efficiently and without errors. The WWS450H features built-in antimicrobial technology for protection against odor-and-stain causing bacteria and disinfectant-friendly housing to protect the scanner from alcohol cleaning, preventing discoloration, corrosions, and hardware malfunction. Both features further enable the scanner’s use in patient rooms, laboratories, and pharmacies.
“Wasp Barcode has a long history of delivering products to help businesses operate more efficiently. Over the years, we’ve received quite a few requests for a product for the healthcare industry that would increase productivity and safety,” said Brian Sutter, director of marketing at Wasp Barcode Technologies. “To answer this demand and best serve the healthcare industry, we created a product that is mobile, durable, affordable and safe to use in sterile environments. We’re incredibly excited for what the WWS450H delivers to the healthcare industry and I think healthcare professionals will see the benefits of using an asset tracking system made specifically for them.”
The WWS450H includes a USB adapter for the base that can be plugged into a PC to quickly upload data up to 295 feet away from the adapter using wireless connectivity. Barcode data is instantly added to a spreadsheet, document, or database, without time-consuming manual data entries or inaccuracies. The WWS450H barcode scanner improves patient safety, prevents medical errors and increases caregiver productivity.
Features of WWS450H 2D Healthcare Barcode Scanner include:
- Antimicrobial protection against odor-and-stain causing bacteria
- Withstands 4’ drops to concrete
- Wirelessly transfer data up to 295’ from communication base
- Holds up to 256 scans in buffer memory should scanner be out of range
- Capture 100 scans/second (1D); 60 frames/sec (2D)
- Base offers an adjustable desk or wall mountable option
- Supports up to 7 scanners per base station
- Operates up to 16 hours on a single charge based on 1 scan/5 seconds
Wasp Barcode Technologies