SPEED 2012 Software Design Suite
The new CD-Adapco SPEED 2012 software design suite release consisting of the following 5 main machine programs:
- PC-BDC Brushless PM Motors (issue 9.1)
- PC-IMD Induction Motors (issue 4.2)
- PC-DCM DC Brush Motors (issue 3.9)
- PC-WFC DC and AC Wound Field Motors (issue 2.7)
- PC-SRD Switched Reluctance Motors (issue 8.8)
are now available with
- a floating license system using FlexLM
- a link that was established to STAR-CCM+ (the CFD program of CD-adapco) to exchange the data needed from SPEED (mainly geometry and losses) to STAR-CCM+ to setup the CFD 3D model and run an advanced thermal calculation of the entire electrical machine.
Each SPEED program itself is intended for designing and calculating a wide range of electro-magnetic machine performances. The design processes used in all of SPEED’s programs are fast and efficient. A number of templates are used to establish the machine’s dimensions, to assist in laying out the winding, to select the desired materials, and to compute the machine’s performance at a single operating point, or over a whole speed/torque range. A strong link to SPEED’s own FEA program PC-FEA gives accuracy, a high confidence level and offers the analysis of fine details or even solve difficult problems. Finally the scripting facilities (via ActiveX) ease and widen the use of the SPEED software.