CNC Lathe Offers Flexibility and Balance
Okuma America Corporation, a world leader in CNC machine tools, announces that the new LT-3000EX, a high-powered CNC lathe, will be shown for the first time in the United States at IMTS 2012 (Okuma Booth S-8500). The LT-3000EX is now the largest in Okuma’s LT-EX series of horizontal lathe machines.
This fully-loaded CNC lathe is available in ether two- or three-turret versions, with or without Y-axis, to provide optimum process balance, production throughput and integrated operations. The LT-3000EX delivers precision turning in any direction, and is well suited for high production environments such as the automotive industry.
The LT-3000EX is available with 16 turret stations to allow for redundant tooling in order to best utilize back-up tooling for lights-out manufacturing or high production runs. It offers very high feature utilization and the greatest amount of primary and secondary machining possible in one compact platform. The machine can be specified in a large number of different configurations to maximize benefits for specific production environments.
Key Specifications for the LT-3000EX:
- Maximum Turning Diameter: Ø 13.77 in (350 mm)
- Spindle ID: 3.15 in (Standard Bore) or 3.58 in (Big Bore) [80 mm or 91 mm]
- Spindle Nose Type: A2-6 (A2-8 optional)
- Chuck Class: 8-inch
- Speed Range 45~5,000 min-1 (45~4,200 min-1 optional)
- Standard Power: VAC 22/15 kW (30/20 hp) [30/22 kW (40/30 hp) optional]
- Twin Opposed Spindles: A-B operation simultaneous, 4-axis simultaneous turning on either spindle
- Automatic Part Transfer
- THINC® OSP P300L Control
- Okuma Intelligent Technologies: Thermo-Friendly Concept (standard), Machining-Navi (optional) and Collision Avoidance System (optional)
- M and MY function available
- Optional Barfeed Systems
Okuma America Corporation