Anaren, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANEN) announced today that it has introduced a family of four Anaren Integrated Radio (AIR™) modules designed specifically to help OEMs develop products that wirelessly communicate in compliance with the ZigBee® standard. Based on the Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) CC2530 low-power RF SoC (which operates using TI’s Z-Stack™ firmware), the new family of AIR modules is bundled with AIR Support for ZigBee – a total solution that includes time-saving AIR-ZNP firmware (including 30+ code examples), pre-certification to applicable global, regulatory standards, and development tools like the Company’s new BoosterPack for TI MSP430™ and Stellaris® LaunchPad development kits. A member of the ZigBee Alliance, Anaren unveiled the beta of its AIR module for ZigBee at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
“Not everyone seeking to comply with the ZigBee standard is prepared for the programming and RF complexities involved with this exciting wireless protocol,” says Anaren Business Development Manager, Mark Bowyer. “With our new AIR modules -- and with the many value-added elements of AIR Support for ZigBee solution that surrounds these modules -- Anaren offers OEMs heading down the ZigBee path a clearer, more streamlined, and more cost-effective approach.”
“TI is pleased to see Anaren add a ZigBee module and BoosterPack based on the CC2530 to the family of AIR products for TI LaunchPad development kits,” said Volker Prueller, marketing director, Wireless Connectivity, TI. “With the Anaren ZigBee family, manufacturers can now more easily develop ZigBee-enabled MSP430 or Stellaris microcontroller- (MCU-) based systems, including those for ZigBee Light Link.”
In concert with the launch of its new AIR module family for ZigBee standard applications, Anaren has also introduced a new BoosterPack featuring its new family of modules. The new CC2530 BoosterPack Kit (part number A2530E24A-LPZ) helps OEM engineers develop wireless applications using a TI LaunchPad for MSP430 or Stellaris MCUs. Key attributes of this new BoosterPack include the following:
- Provides “out of the box” wireless connectivity for easier development of applications based on the ZigBee standard
- Includes AIR-ZNP firmware solution (based on TI’s Z-Stack), which compresses time to market by greatly reducing the learning curve and development time
- Provides an excellent learning/development tool for all levels of ZigBee expertise – as well as a clear, easy-to-understand migration path from development to production
- Part of the AIR Support—for ZigBee, a total solution from Anaren that includes development tools, free firmware and applications support, and more
- Includes three A2530E24A AIR Module BoosterPacks, for connection to TI’s MSP430 or Stellaris LaunchPad development kit (LaunchPad not included)
- Each BoosterPack includes an on-board MSP430G2553IN20 Value Line MCU, pre-flashed with Anaren’s AIR-ZNP firmware (based on TI’s Z-Stack for the ZigBee standard)
- For Stellaris operation, simply remove the MSP430 MCUs, and load the Stellaris firmware via USB from the included CD
- CD contains all the software, MSP430 and Stellaris drivers, application notes, quick start guide, and more to get started
- Includes one 2xAA battery holder for remote
For more information, visit www.anaren.com.