Single Row Series Added to Shrouded Male Connector Line
Mill-Max is pleased to announce the addition of a single row option to our shrouded male pin connector line. Shrouded connectors are ideal for applications where a robust, secure connection is demanded, such as frequently mated interconnects and blind mate conditions. These single row connectors are offered in through-hole and surface mount termination styles and are available in up to 32 positions.
- Solder tail style: Series 800-XX-0XX-10-052000 (XX=2 to 32 pins)
- Solderless, compliant press-fit style: Series 800-XX-0XX-61-051000 (XX=2 to 32 pins)
Gull wing style: Series 800-XX-0XX-30-052000 (XX=3 to 32 pins)
The shroud of the connector extends above the pins affording full protection during handling, assembly, connecting and disconnecting. Further, the shroud limits the amount of misalignment between connectors during mating and de-mating – acting as a guide for blind mate applications.
Both the through-hole and surface mount versions have .100” (2,54 mm) spacing pin-to-pin. The connector body is molded from Ryton, a high temperature, durable thermoplastic with excellent thermal stability, chemical resistance and a flammability rating of UL94 V-0. The pins are made of precision-machined brass. The engaging leads are .030” (0.76 mm) in diameter, .142” (3.61 mm) long and gold-plated to provide a secure and reliable connection. These connectors are RoHS compliant and suitable for lead-free reflow processes.
The new 800-XX-0XX-10-052000, 800-XX-0XX-61-051000 & 800-XX-0XX-30-052000 shrouded male connectors mate with the following Mill-Max sockets, all of which are rated at 4.5 amps per contact:
- Through-hole, straight solder tail: 801-XX-0XX-10-002000, 801-XX-0XX-10-001000
- Through-hole, right angle solder tail: 801-XX-0XX-20-001000
- Through-hole, compliant press-fit: 801-XX-0XX-61-001000, 801-XX-0XX-62-001000
- Surface mount, gull wing; 801-XX-0XX-30-001000
3D connector models are available upon request for product engineering development.
For more information visit www.mill-max.com.