The WHO Fracture Risk Assessment Tool (FRAX®) is now easily accessible via iPhone, making the calculation tool independent of internet access and easy to use in any clinical setting.
The FRAX® tool generates the following results:
- The 10 year probability of a major osteoporotic event
- The 10 year probability of a hip fracture
- Body Mass Index
- For UK users, NOGG guidance is accessible. This provides a guide for assessors, interpreting the results and indicating potential courses of action.
The FRAX® iPhone Application includes the following features:
- PIN Protection for security purposes
- Patient Results Management (save, delete and sort options)
- Automatic Email Generation of each patient assessment result
- Shake-to-Reset Scale functionality
FRAX® is developed in partnership with the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), the leading non-profit, non governmental organization dedicated to the global fight against osteoporosis. Any profits from FRAX® downloads will support IOF's important educational programs and projects.