TOKYO, July 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the commercial launch on August 1 of BioOptimal™ MF-SL, its new range of microfilters for bioprocessing applications. Designed specifically for use in cell culture clarification applications, BioOptimal™ MF-SL filters enable biopharmaceutical manufacturers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their protein harvest step.
Developed using Asahi Kasei's unique technology base in hollow-fiber filtration and polymer science, BioOptimal™ MF-SL filters offer superior filtration performance that results in faster processing times and higher-quality protein streams, even when filtering high-density cell culture solutions. The unique hollow-fiber membrane structure used in BioOptimal™ MF-SL filters enables gentle processing of cells and proteins in tangential flow mode, which reduces the burden on subsequent processing steps, and additionally makes BioOptimal™ MF-SL filters suitable for use in perfusion-based fermentation processes.
The key features of BioOptimal™ MF-SL are as follows:
- High throughput and fast processing times.
- Excellent filter performance even with high-density cell culture.
- High clarity of filtrate, even with highly turbid cell culture.
- Availability of various surface area sizes, making for easy scalability.
- Chemically stable polysulfone membrane, compatible with industry standard cleaning and sterilization processes.
About Asahi Kasei Medical
As a part of the Asahi Kasei Group's sharpening focus on healthcare-related fields, Asahi Kasei Medical is steadily developing its range of advanced manufacturing sol