Onyx Pharmaceuticals Announces Data Presentations Highlighting Carfilzomib Development Program at 52nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
EMERYVILLE, Calif., Nov. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ONXX) today announced the presentation of several studies evaluating carfilzomib, a selective, next-generation proteasome inhibitor, at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting, December 4-7, 2010, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
"The accumulating carfilzomib data support its potential as a new treatment option for patients with multiple myeloma, and we are committed to bringing this promising compound to patients as quickly as possible," said Ted W. Love, M.D., Executive Vice President and Head of Research and Development of Onyx Pharmaceuticals. "Based on the full results of the Phase 2b 003-A1 carfilzomib study, which will be presented at ASH, we plan to submit a New Drug Application (NDA) filing for accelerated approval as early as mid-2011."
Carfilzomib data highlights include:
Results of PX-171-003-A1, An Open-Label, Single-Arm, Phase 2 Study of Carfilzomib In Patients with Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Dr. David Siegel, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 7:30 - 7:45 a.m., Auditorium 320
- Oral Session Name: Myeloma - Therapy, excluding Transplantation: Myeloma and Amyloidosis - Novel Drugs
- Abstract #985
Carfilzomib, Lenalidomide, and Dexamethasone In Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma: Initial Results of Phase 1/2 MMRC Trial
- Dr. Andrzej Jakubowiak, University of Michigan
- Monday, December 6, 2010, 7:00 - 7:15 p.m., Auditorium 230
- Oral Session: Myeloma - Therapy, excluding Transplantation: Myeloma Phase I/II Trials and Correlative Studies
- Abstract #862
Carfilzomib: High Single-Agent Response R