WOONSOCKET, R.I., Feb. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Xenogenics Corporation ("Xenogenics"), a majority owned subsidiary of MultiCell Technologies, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board MCET), is pleased to announce it has retained the Emmes Group to assist with the development and execution of its capital formation strategy to help finance expanded human clinical trials of its Ideal BioStent™.
In animal testing and initial human use, the Ideal BioStent™ demonstrated equivalence in safety, short-term efficacy, and structural integrity when compared with today's leading bare metal stents and drug-eluting metal stents. Unlike other bioabsorbable stent technologies, the Ideal BioStent™ showed no stent recoil, both acute and at six month follow up, remaining well apposed to the vessel wall. The Ideal BioStent™ is designed to be fully absorbed at 12 months leaving no metal artifact behind, thereby allowing the vessel to heal and return to its natural state.
The Ideal BioStent™
- Game changing platform addressing next generation requirements of multi-billion dollar interventional cardiology market.
- Only platform based on patented bioabsorbable polymer incorporating anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombotic, and anti-neoplastic drugs.
- Positive human clinical experience – demonstrated comparable radial strength with no stent recoil.
- Strong, seminal IP position covering key aspects of technology, including drug incorporation directly into polymer chain.
- Broad technology platform including coronary and peripheral stents.
The multi-billion dollar interventional cardiology and intravascular stent market remains extremely lucrative, and one of the most at