Varian Medical Systems to Exhibit the Latest Digital Image Detectors, X-Ray Tubes and Cancer Treatment Technologies at the CMEF Show in Shenzhen, China
SALT LAKE CITY, April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Booth #H1/E32 -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) will exhibit a wide selection of X-ray tubes and flat panel image detectors for digital radiography (DR) at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) meeting in Shenzhen, China, April 16-18, 2011. Varian will also demonstrate new technology for treating cancer with radiotherapy and radiosurgery.
Varian's exhibit will showcase:
- PaxScan® dynamic X-ray image detectors designed for use in
cardiology, angiography, cone-beam CT, surgical C-arms, and
image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT). Dynamic panels will include:
- The new PaxScan® 3024M flat-panel detector for full-field digital mammography based on Varian's amorphous silicon (a-Si) technology. This innovative direct capture panel has a compact design, incorporating a narrow edge enabling radiologists to acquire images close to the chest wall with results in seconds. The 3024M robust panel promises to extend the capabilities of digital mammography into markets where its environmental stability makes it an attractive option over less reliable technologies.
- The PaxScan 1313, a 13cm x 13cm detector, with high-speed electronics capable of processing 30 frames per second suitable for use in dental computed tomography (CT).
- The PaxScan 3030+, a 30cm x 30cm multi-modality detector with fluoroscopic capabilities, for surgical, interventional, and cone beam CT medical imaging applications.
- PaxScan® radiographic X-ray image detectors intended for
use in capturing large fields of view:
- The PaxScan® 4343R, a 43cm x 43cm detector designed for permanent mounting in radiographic tables or wall stands.
- The PaxScan® 4336R,