NEW YORK, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Patents for the current market-leading depression brands are due to expire in the major markets between 2012 and 2015, by which time competition in the market will be at its fiercest. In order to flourish in this harsh environment, new antidepressants must be sufficiently differentiated from conventional monoamine neurotransmitter reuptake inhibitors.
Features and benefits
* Understand Datamonitor's independent appraisal of marketed brands and key pipeline agents indicated for treating depression.
* Illustrate how pipeline and marketed drugs compare to one another in terms of clinical and commercial attributes.
* Review important clinical developments for key pipeline agents with analysis of the latest clinical trial data.
* Understand how marketed brands are positioned in the depression treatment algorithm and how they are perceived by psychiatrists.
* Determine to what extent future therapies satisfy the main clinical unmet needs in depression treatment.
Datamonitor's physician survey reveals that psychiatrists perceive Forest'