Since its acquisition by leading private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe one year ago, K2M has continued to steadily meet a series of aggressive strategic goals toward becoming a global leader in the spinal industry, including the rapid growth of its product portfolio to address the full spectrum of spinal pathologies.
K2M is also expanding its reach through a combination of pioneering approaches, from establishing local training office facilities in key U.S. markets to recent senior hires to support rapid global expansion. In addition to its presence in the United States, the company now has direct offices in the UK and Germany, and continues to enter new international markets at a rate of 1-2 countries per quarter.
"K2M is experiencing unprecedented growth as we deliver on our commitment to being a leader in the global spine market. Seven years ago at the NASS conference in Chicago, we launched our first product and K2M is thrilled to be announcing nine new products and demonstrating such robust growth in the place where it all began," stated Eric Major, K2Ms President and CEO.
New technologies introduced at the meeting will build upon K2Ms proven track record as a leader in the complex and minimally invasive approaches to the spine, as well as deliver on the companys commitment to offering solutions for the full spectrum of spinal pathologies. Highlights from K2M during NASS will include:
- Launch of the EVEREST® Degenerative Spinal System, a top-loading pedicle screw system featuring the ability to accommodate titanium and CoCr rods of two different diameters and a screw thread pitch designed to maximize both osteoporotic and dense bone fixation.
- Launch of the CHESAPEAKE® Anterior-Lumbar Stabilization System, a unique interbody device designed for stabilization of the spine through an anterior approach. Manufactured from both biocompatible PEEK polymer and titanium, CHESAPEAKE Anterior-Lumbar allows for anterior stabilization and fixation with a zero-profile design and features K2Ms revolutionary tifix® Locking Technology.
- Debut of the ALEUTIAN® Transforaminal-Lumbar (TLIF) II Interbody System, with a full range of unique bulleted PEEK interbodies for posterior lumbar applications. The ALEUTIAN TLIF II will include the Adjustable Inserter, which allows for variable angulation of the implant from 0° to 55° in-situ, helping the surgeon to insert the TLIF implant with precision and ease.
- Debut of the ALEUTIAN® Anatomically-Narrow (AN) Oblique Interbody System, one of the latest additions to the ALEUTIAN family of products. With a full range of unique and anatomically designed PEEK Interbodies for oblique implant placement through a transforaminal-lumbar approach, ALEUTIAN AN Oblique offers innovative instrumentation that helps facilitate more efficient intraoperative use of the system.
- Debut of the SERENGETI® Complex Spine Minimally Invasive System, bringing K2Ms focus on complex spine and minimally invasive together into one system by providing surgeons the ability to address deformity, trauma, and tumor, while promoting tissue preservation. The system features next generation instrumentation to perform controlled reduction, manipulation, and above skin compression and distraction using the revolutionary SERENGETI Retractor.
- Showcasing of the CHESAPEAKE Cervical-Ti Stabilization System, a multi-screw titanium construct providing stability to the anterior column, while reducing the need for supplemental fixation in the cervical spine. Featuring the revolutionary tifix Locking Technology, the system exemplifies advances in the new and innovative instrumentation and the technology required to achieve fusion.
- Showcasing of the PYRENEES® Translational Cervical Plate System, characterized by a unidirectional ratchet mechanism at each level to allow for controlled settling of the patients anatomy. Featuring tifix Locking Technology, the system does not require an additional locking mechanism, as each screw head forms an autogenic lock to the plate upon insertion.
- Showcasing of the RAVINE® Lateral Access System, a dual flat blade platform for a true muscle splitting transpsoas approach that offers rigid fixation to the spine and an option for both a third and fourth blade. K2M's lateral access system represents an innovative design departure from the tubular retractors, while providing tremendous adaptability to both patient anatomy and surgeon technique.
- Showcasing of the ALEUTIAN® Lateral Interbody System. Designed to work in concert with the RAVINE Lateral Access System, ALEUTIAN Lateral provides anterior column support, bridging the disc space, and includes a full line of instrumentation designed specifically for the far lateral transpsoas approach.
K2M, Inc. is an innovative spinal device company committed to the research, development, and commercialization of simplified solutions for the treatment of complex spinal pathologies and minimally invasive procedures. The company is recognized as a worldwide leader in providing unique technologies for the treatment of deformity, degenerative, trauma, and tumor spinal patients. K2Ms complete portfolio of next generation products includes: spinal stabilization systems, minimally invasive systems, and other advancing technologies such as motion preservation, annular repair, and nucleus replacement. Additional information is available online at www.K2M.com.