"GE Healthcares ultrasound advances help physicians provide patients with consistent, high-quality care," said Anders Wold, vice president for Ultrasound at GE Healthcare. "In todays healthcare environment, clinicians are tasked with doing more in less time, without compromising the quality of care. GE Healthcare is committed to delivering ultrasound technology that provides extraordinary image quality, facilitates workflow and offers advanced technological tools to help improve exam quality."
Underlying this commitment, GE Healthcare is unveiling the following new product introduction and range of breakthroughs in ultrasound at RSNA:
The LOGIQ S8 is a lightweight, portable ultrasound system that fits easily into small exam rooms, can be easily transported within a facility and provides superb images across a variety of clinical areas including abdominal, breast, vascular, musculoskeletal and cardiology.
Built upon established LOGIQ technologies, the LOGIQ S8 helps provide outstanding image quality and allows for a streamlined workflow that helps clinicians shorten exam times, as well as create consistent, highly detailed images that help increase clinical confidence. The combinations of advanced features and system design help create the balance between performance and affordability.
Among its many features are:
- S-Agile Ultrasound, proprietary GE Healthcare technology that uses flexible clinically-based models of the body to help deliver consistently clear images for virtually all body types. This is particularly important given the growing number of overweight and obese patients who are being seen by healthcare providers.
- Scan Assistant, software that allows for a streamlined workflow, enabling the operator to customize the system to perform frequently used functions automatically, helping to reduce busy work and exam times.
- Extreme ergonomics, which accommodates the stature and working style of sonographers, and helps reduce user fatigue and risk of injury, while enabling high-quality exams and efficient workflow.
LOGIQ E9 updates
Because ultrasound imaging is one of the pillars for disease assessment and determining treatment options, image quality and procedure accuracy are paramount. The LOGIQ E9 has continually added advanced capabilities to help meet the needs of clinicians. This year, enhancements1 for the LOGIQ E9 include:
- Continued image quality improvements for color and 4D, which particularly benefit shared service applications
- Expanded elastography applications for prostate, thyroid, musculoskeletal, liver and gynecology
- Volume navigation enhancements, expanded to more transducers enabling clinical applications such as transcranial, as well as the ability to load in multiple data sets including positron emission tomography (PET) images
- Enhanced needle-tracking capabilities with an additional device, the Virtual Needle tracker
Using more than 20 years of experience and feedback from customers across the globe, GE Healthcare has worked to simplify ultrasound reporting and image management into one flexible and intuitive system.
ViewPoint 6.1 is one of the most comprehensive data management solutions on the market allowing for improvements to workflow while covering a broad range of applications. The solution provides the ability to:
- Integrate ultrasound with HIS, RIS, EMR and PACS systems
- Communicate across departments, hospitals and enterprises
- Help reduce dictation and transcription
- Create preliminary and final reports easily using new "quick reports" templates
- Utilize 4D View for offline processing
GE Healthcare at RSNA 2011
Each year in Chicago, the conference of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) provides a forum for showcasing the latest innovations in medical imaging. If you are attending the conference, please visit GE Healthcare at booth number 3335 in the McCormick Place south hall. Throughout the week of the event, GE Healthcare will distribute news and information using these digital platforms:
ABOUT GE HEALTHCARE
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.
1 Compared to previous version of LOGIQ E9
Posted by Sean Fenske, Editor-in-Chief, MDT