As director, Wayne Shockloss will lead a team that has already introduced several ground-breaking products under the MediSpec™ portfolio. These products specifically address the electronic design demands of medical equipment manufacturers engineering new and emerging healthcare products in diagnostic imaging, therapeutic, surgical, patient monitoring, hospital and patient care and healthcare IT applications. These, along with several new products will be demonstrated at MD&M West, February 14 - 16, Anaheim, CA, booth 2074.
"By converging our innovative interconnect solutions with Temp-Flexs long-standing expertise in complex cable assembly design, Molex is in a unique position to incorporate unique and commercial electronic design ideas into next-generation medical applications," said Shockloss.
Molex offers a diverse range of products and solutions for the medical field through MediSpec, as well as other business units that have applications in medical electronics. Several of these products will be on display at MD&M West, including:
MediSpec Hybrid Circular MT Cable and Receptacle System www.molex.com/link/medispechybridcircular.html. An integrated optical and electrical solution that reduces the number of connectors required in medical equipment and devices.
- MediSpec Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Connector System: Featuring the world-class LFH™ (low force helix) contact design, the products provide a high-performance and affordable alternative to typical medical circular connectors.
- MediSpec Molded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) Capabilities: Combines the versatility of the two-shot molding process and the speed and precision of LDS capabilities helping medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
- Mini-Fit® Plus HMC (High-Mating Cycle): Achieves the greatest durability and current per circuit available today for mid-range power applications without increasing design dimensions.
- Fiber Optic Product Families: As a leading supplier of advanced fiber optic solutions, Molex offers a broad range of high-density products, including interconnects and adapters, assemblies, backplanes and more.
- Copper Flexible Circuit Products: The products provide a high-signal frequency and flexibility for advanced medical monitoring and diagnostic devices.
- Capacitive Switches: Includes both integrated and custom solutions to provide unlimited possibilities for the medical industry.
- Polymicro Technologies (a subsidiary of Molex): Multiple medical applications are available from the worlds leading supplier of silica capillary tubing and specialty optical fibers, optical fiber and capillary assemblies, discrete micro components and quartz optical fiber ferrules.
For more information please visit www.molex.com/industry/medical.html. For more about Temp-Flex please visit http://www.tempflex.com/. To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register/.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military, lighting and solar. Established in 1938, the company operates 39 manufacturing locations in 16 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors, watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
Posted by Sean Fenske, Editor-in-Chief, MDT