AMSTERDAM, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2nd Invitation to 17th Congress of EHA - European Hematology Association
The Board of the European Hematology Association (EHA) has the pleasure to cordially invite you, as a member of the press, to the 17th Congress of EHA.
More than 9,000 participants from around the world are expected at the upcoming Congress at the RAI Congress Center in Amsterdam from June 14-17, 2012.
About the EHA Annual Congress:
The 17th Congress of EHA will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Hematology is a specialty that covers everything that has to do with blood: its origin in the bone marrow, diseases (in the production) of blood and their treatments. The latest data on research and development within the wide spectrum of hematology are presented.
Press Briefing on key-topics:
The press briefing is organized on Friday June 15, 08:30 - 10:00 a.m., at the Amsterdam RAI, Room E102.
Three topics on malignant hematology will be addressed:
- Hodgkin Lymphoma focusing on reducing radiotherapy, while maintaining the highest possible cure rate.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: impressive results with a bispecific antibody in patients with refractory disease.
- How malignant cells in patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia escape the deadly T-cell attack.
Two presentations on benign hematology will deal with iron:
4. Iron overload in Thalassemia; heart problems accurately diagnosed in time with magnetic resonance imaging to prevent death.
5. Iron deficiency in women without anemia treated with iron, thus leading to a significant improvement of fatigue/quality of life.
A number of sessions in the Congress program are dedicated to more general health care issues: