PHOENIX, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seventeen Banner Health facilities have achieved Stage 7, the final stage in the adoption of electronic medical record (EMR) as acknowledged by HIMSS Analytics, a wholly owned nonprofit subsidiary of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society. HIMSS Analytics monitors and recognizes levels of EMR adoption and meaningful use in hospitals in the United States, Canada and other countries.
The Stage 7 recognition by HIMSS Analytics is a compelling example of Banner Health's emergence as a national leader in health care. Banner Health's 17 Stage 7 hospitals are among only 82 hospitals in the nation at this top level of EMR use. Banner is also recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top Five Large Health System in the nation and as a Top Leadership Team/Large System by HealthLeaders magazine.
"While achieving HIMSS Stage 7 for 17 of Banner's 23 hospitals is an important organizational achievement, the most important beneficiaries are our patients," said Banner Health's Executive Vice President/Chief Medical Officer John Hensing, M.D. "Our meaningful use of enhanced electronic medical records is integrated into our patient care processes and even targeted to help our clinicians proactively recognize and treat specific and dangerous disorders such as sepsis and delirium," he added.
Banner Health facilities that have achieved Stage 7 status include:
- Banner Baywood Medical Center (Mesa, Ariz.)
- Banner Boswell Medical Center (Sun City, Ariz.)
- Banner Desert Medical Center (Mesa, Ariz.)
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center (Sun City, Ariz.)
- Banner Estrella Medical Center (Phoenix)
- Banner Gateway Medical Center (Gilbert, Ariz.)
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center (Phoenix)
- Banner Heart Hospital (Mesa, Ariz.)
- Banner Ironwood Medical Center (San Tan Valley, Ariz.)