CHICAGO, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by inventor John Vito and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo , the assets available for auction in this lot disclose an advanced medical inhaler design that is both more accurate and more convenient for the user.
The patents will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction  on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
The patents disclose the following:
- A compact, extendable spacer device which extends outwardly and closes inwardly relative to the housing of the aerosol canister housing, to further preserve compactness the aerosol canister reciprocates upward as the spacer parts move inward, this greatly reduces the respiratory drug delivery device to about the size of a commercial inhaler without a spacer. This device is designed to utilize a medication aerosol canister. These characteristics enable the device to be pocket size and easily carried on their person.
- This device will enable the user to have the best of both worlds, the benefits of a spacer and its medication, while increasing patient compliance and enabling the convenient and correct administration of aerosol medications.
- The disclosed device can be used for a variety of applications, including administration of pulmonary drug delivery, and treating chest related diseases.
- The inhaler's compact structure facilitates the convenient administration of drugs.
- The inhaler comprises a hollow housing for receiving and
dispensing medication, wherein the housing comprises an aerosol
medication container and a nozzle segment for spraying the
medication into a patient's m