IOF and the ANZBMS, together with the Japanese Bone and Mineral Research Society, invite researchers and clinicians with an interest in osteoporosis and bone research to attend the year's most important bone meeting in the Asia-Pacific region. Held at the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, the congress will present both cutting edge basic bone research and practical information on the latest advances in the clinical management of osteoporosis.
For further information, online registration and abstract submission, please visit: http://www.anzbms-iof.org 
The Meeting offers an international platform at which to present the latest research in the bone field - accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement issue of the highly-ranked journal 'Osteoporosis International' . Submission deadline for abstracts is May 17, 2011. IOF will offer five Young Investigator Awards of USD 1,000 to the presenting authors, aged 40 years or under, of the top five ranking abstracts (and who have not been awarded an ANZBMS grant/award). Furthermore, the award recipients will be invited to present their work at a special session. Additional grants and awards are offered by the ANZBMS to the Society's members.
An exciting preliminary program has been announced. Session topics and international speakers include:
- Biomechanics and Bone Measurement (M. Forwood,E. Seeman)
- Clinical Osteoporosis Management I (H. Hagino, J. Kanis, M. Seibel)
- Clinical Osteoporosis Management II (J. Center, T. Matsumoto, J. Eisman)
- Fracture Risk Algorithms: Soothsaying or Science? (E. Duncan, J. Kanis)
- Male Osteoporosis (S. Kato, E.Orwoll)
- Malignancy and Bone (C. Xian, T. Yoneda, A. Zannetino)
- Non-Canonical Bone (P. Baldock, C. Nowson, M. Warman)
- Osteoclasts (N. Sims, N. Takahashi, S. Takeshita, S. Tanaka)
- Osteoporosis in Oceania and the Asia Pacific Region (C. Cooper, E. Lau, A.Mithal)
- Paediatric Bone Disease (C. Cowell, K. Ozono, T. Winzenberg)
- Paget's Disease (T. Cundy, S. Ralston)
- Rheumatology and Bone (S. Goldring, H. Takayanagi, G. Thomas)
- Skeletal Dysplasias (S. Fukumoto, M. Warman, A. Zankl)
- The Effects of Ageing (N. Binkley, D. Scott)
- Therapeutics in Osteoporosis: Controversies (P. Ebeling, S. Mori, A. Ng)
- Workshop on Bone Regeneration (S. Cool, Y. Lin, H. Zreiqat)
IOF and the ANZBMS look forward to broad participation by health professionals and researchers from throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Take note of these key dates:
Abstract Submission Deadline May 17, 2011
Early bird Registration Deadline June 22, 2011