NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas, June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The SCOOTER Store, the nation's leading provider of power mobility solutions, announced that its business agreements with insurance companies have exceeded 200 health plan partnerships. The contracts allow more than 170 million covered members across the country to obtain power mobility equipment from the company when authorized by their health plan.
The company has signed eight new agreements so far in 2011 with additional contracts under negotiation. The agreements represent the ongoing commitment by The SCOOTER Store to continue growing health plan relationships as part of its mission to provide freedom and independence to people with limited mobility. The new health plan relationships include a contract with Anthem® companies in Maine and New Hampshire.
"Our Corporate Contracting Division continues to negotiate important new business agreements, enabling us to serve the power mobility and durable medical equipment needs of health plan members across the country," said Doug Harrison, founder, president and CEO of The SCOOTER Store. "We are proud to recognize the efforts of our contracting division in achieving this important milestone for the company."
During this time of power mobility industry consolidation, health plans can benefit from doing business with The SCOOTER Store in several ways, such as:
- The opportunity to work with a proven leader that can provide nationwide in-home delivery and service of standard and customized complex rehab power mobility solutions for their members;
- Gain access to expanded offerings that include many home care-related products;
- Receiving specific information needed on per policy and plan basis to better manage utilization;
- Receiving information in the format and manner needed to make effective use of insurance company staff; and
- Leveraging the company's abi