Key features and benefits of the DAC8562 family
- Best-in-class precision with 0.1 nV-sec glitch energy, a maximum offset error of 4 mV, a maximum INL of 0.75 LSB at 12-bits and a maximum reference drift of 10 ppm/degree C improves system accuracy.
- Lowest power consumption in its class, consuming only 0.1 mA per channel to minimize the power required for VGA control in wireless base stations, as well as to operate tunable laser modules, CNC machines and portable medical devices, such as oscilloscopes and portable blood analyzers.
- Reduces cost and board space with an integrated precision reference that provides a 20-mA sink/source capability to eliminate the need for an external buffer.
- Supports different control loops with options for both reset to zero-scale and reset to mid-scale to provide greater design flexibility.
- Characterized for harsh industrial environments up to 125 degrees Celsius, 20 degrees higher than the competition.
TI offers a variety of free tools and support to speed development with the DAC8562 family, including:
- Two evaluation modules for quick evaluation. The DAC8562EVM  and DAC7562EVM  are available today for a suggested retail price of $49.
- An IBIS model  to verify board signal integrity requirements.
- Reference designs for analog output modules in PLCs and high-voltage, bipolar output control applications, which are included in the DAC8562 data sheet .