Cognex Corporation, the world's leading supplier of industrial ID systems, announced today that it has added two new models to the DataMan® 50 series of compact barcode readers and a new DataMan 60 series with three models that offer Ethernet connectivity. These new products round out Cognex’s line of high-performance, low-cost barcode readers and target applications typically handled by single-line or raster laser scanners. The new DataMan readers feature a compact form factor as well as the same powerful, proprietary barcode reading technology, visualization for performance feedback, and solid state design found on Cognex premium readers. The DataMan 50/60 series barcode readers are available at a price equivalent to existing laser scanner products.
“We’ve seen tremendous demand for the recently introduced DataMan 50L in 1-D oriented barcode scanning applications,” says Cognex Vice President and Business Unit Manager for ID Products, Carl Gerst. “Laser scanner users, tired of constant repair and replacement costs, were ready for a change to newer and better technology. The new models allow us to offer a complete product range of high-performance, low-cost barcode readers for all applications typically covered by raster and single-line laser scanners and complement our existing line of premier industrial barcode readers.”
The DataMan 50 and DataMan 60 series of barcode readers are available in three models:
- DataMan 50/60L: Fast, accurate reading of 1-D oriented barcodes (either ladder or picket fence)
- DataMan 50/60QL: Best-in-class reading of 1-D omnidirectional barcodes
- DataMan 50/60 S: For reading 1-D omnidirectional barcodes or 2-D matrix codes
DataMan image-based barcode readers are superior to laser scanners in several ways; they offer higher read rates, performance feedback, and better reliability.
- Hotbars™, a proprietary technology that provides the highest read rates of 1-D linear barcodes, including those that are damaged, distorted, blurred, scratched, low height or low contrast
- IDQuick™, for fast, accurate reading of 2-D codes (S models)
- The ability to analyze “no reads” by letting the user see what the reader sees, either live on a monitor or through image archiving
- Solid state design with no moving parts that can become worn out and require replacement
- RS-232, USB, and Ethernet (DataMan 60 models) connectivity options
For more information, visit www.cognex.com/compact-barcode-reader.aspx .
Cognex Corporation, the world's leading supplier of industrial ID systems, announced today that it has added two new models to the DataMan® 50 series of compact barcode readers and a new DataMan 60 series with three models that offer Ethernet connectivity.