New compact, ultra-precision vertical machining center combines automation with nano-precision
KERN Precision (Webster, MA) announced the availability of the KERN Micro, a new compact 5-axis vertical machining center. The KERN Micro is the ideal machine for manufacturers with ultra-precision requirements and a wide range of production needs for nanoscale to large sized parts. The machine tool can accommodate large workpieces up to 350mm in diameter and 220mm in height, yet takes extraordinarily little space on the shop floor. The Micro offers precise machining with accuracy down to ±0.5 microns, with achievable part accuracy down to ±2 microns. The product delivers high repeatability for reliable and productive operation. Other key features include:
- A tool cabinet with quick-change pallet for more than 200 tools.
- A workpiece palletization system using a System 3R Macro Magnum or Erowa Power automatic chuck.
- An automatic laser tool measuring system.
- A workpiece probing system.
- An advanced temperature control system for maintaining high accuracies.